BACK TO OLD AUCKLAND GALLERY               HOME                  ARTIST             INFORMATION              WORKS
North Shore ferry landing
Auckland Waterfront, 1909.
Watercolour (750x550)mm

Looking across the Upper Harbour Ferry Wharf to the foot of Albert Street.  From left to right the significant buildings are:  the Harbour Board Building (time-ball on the roof), the New Zealand Loan and Merchantile Agency on the corner of Albert Street and Customs Street. On the corner of Albert and Quay Street is the Sailors' Home. The low brick buildings are the pump houses for the graving dock with the gate to the dock immediately to the right.  Behind the gate are Foster's Chandlery Building and Gleason's Hotel.  Far right is Seagar's Iron Foundry.

The paddle ferry in the foreground is the Takapuna and on the other side of the landing is the Britannia.  The barque berthed near the Sailors' Home is the Louisa Craig.

Completed in 1995.